Wednesday 24 June 2009

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me...

I've recently been addicted to that tune but the video has made me all kinds of nostalgic too. It reminded me of No Doubt's video for "It's My Life"...y'know with Gwen rocking the 40's movie star look, reminiscent of Barbara Stanwyck, as she plays a murderous femme fatale killing off her three bandmates. This got me thinking about No Doubt in general. Now, I'm a child of the nineties born in 91 so I may not have hit double figures when No Doubt were in their prime but my appreciation for their ska-influenced songs is no less. I'm just a girl, Hella Good, Ex girlfriend, Don't Speak, Hey Baby, Bathwater...all brilliant songs that are a crucial part of my life's soundtrack. Now there's "Stand & Deliver" which is just awesome and hits you from the first listen. It's a cover of the Adam & the Ants and it's new but it carries all the old sounds of ND that we love so much. If you're a Gossip Girl fan you would have heard this in the episode "Valley Girls". If you're not, then you missed out but it's ok cause I got a clip of a live performance with Haley Williams from Paramore right here. I will just end by saying if you don't like No Doubt then you're a snob. End of. xoxoxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV4vrptMwU8

No comments:

Post a Comment